Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Life

Life has been a struggle lately.

School-whether I want to go another 4 years to get accounting degree.

Work-where I have been moved to sales totally. First time in 20+ years accounting has not been my main job.

Home-watching Michael get sicker by the day.

Knowing that I do not have that many days left with him.

Knowing that I will not grow old with him.

Knowing. And not crying.

He tells me I have been EXTREMELY cranky lately.

Some days I just don't cope well.

Some days it's all I can do to wake up to a new day and knowing that he is getting sicker again.

Knowing there is nothing that will cure him.

Knowing that his choices are limited.

Knowing that God has given us another chance to get to know each other but that we will probably not have another 35 years so we best make the most of it now.

Knowing. . .


4 comments:

quieten said...

My heart goes out to you. You have so much on your plate. I have a similar situation here and can so relate to what you are dealing with. You are going through your days with such grace and with a wonderful sense of humor. I think you're allowed to be "cranky" now and then. You and Mike are so fortunate so be with each other-along with the knowledge of the struggle also comes the knowledge of what a deep love you share and all that you two have accomplished together. I'm winging prayers your way for courage, strength and wisdom.

Simply Suthern said...

My thoughts and prayers to you.

Valerie said...

If hugs would help I'd send a thousand. At least you know that your friends are with you at this difficult time.

Pat said...

Wow. I'm sorry for all that you are going through. Can you feel my hug?