Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Friends are Family

While Michael has been in the hospital, it has become very apparent that we have more 'family' that does not have the same blood running thru their veins as we do. Both in the blogging world and in the touchy feely world.

Without all my 'family' I am not sure how either of us would have made out this past few weeks. We are into week 3, which hopefully, will be our last. But the support and prayers have given us both strength to get through this very difficult time.

It appears that he is on the mend, just one last little hurdle to cross over and hopefully we will all be home together. Gma has come down to help him through his first few days of being home while I have to work.

We thought that he was coming home yesterday but he has had a little reaction with some meds which has caused petechia. (Which make him have red gila monster looking feet!) Normally it is not bad, but his feet have become so swollen that it has been difficult for him to walk. So a change in the antibotics seems to be working.

All medical personnell believe he will be home for his birthday on Saturday! WOOHOO!! He will be 34!!

Again, thanks to all my FAMILY for lifting us up and holding us up! Without God and you it would have been most difficult!

Hugs and love to all!

PS See G's 'card' to Michael here. Rather cute! Made him feel so good!


2 comments:

Crayotic Ramblings said...

I couldn't agree more. Many, many thanks from me, too, for the huge outpouring of support that has come from all over. I know it's meant so much to Ma and it's been so comforting to know that, even though you don't know me personally, you are lifting me up with your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you all so much. I don't know that you'll ever know how much it helped.

- Micael

Pat said...

Woo Hoo! So happy to hear this! Glad you'll be coming home Michael! KaLynn this is GREAT news! Glad to hear all our prayers have worked!