Saturday, November 13, 2010

From one to THOSE Moms to one of THESE MiMis

When my kids were younger, granted MUCH younger, I was one of those moms that if you breathed and I was worn out, you close to dying. OR was one of those that let you ride in the trunk, getting there thru the back seat, and did circles in the parking lot while you were screaming for more . . .

From one extreme to the other.

These days, I am that MiMi. The one that lets grands scream in the car.

Peyton is just barely 3. We ride to my house and she does not always get her way, imagine, huh, and she will start that little cry. I do a bigger little cry. She does a bigger bigger little cry. . . and snickers. . . so I change the sound. . . she changes the sounds. . .  and on we go. . . getting a decible or ten higher each time. . .

Needless to say. . . she has forgetten she did not get her way.  . .

I am also that MiMi that teaches the grands new words. . .

Like when MiMi does NOT understand what was said and thinks what is said is "look at this $*it Valve" instead of "look at this SHIP BOW" . . .

So now I have taught them a new cuss word. Their Momma is gonna be sooo proud of me. So instead of a** hole it will now be $*it valve. . . Not sure which she is gonna prefer. . .

So NOT like the Momma she had when she was their age. . .

Well, now that you are kacklin, I am going to get the boys ready to meet their Momma and Antie for a birfday dinner in town.

Have a kackling good weekend!

3 comments:

gayle said...

Can't wait to hear all about the bday party. Hope you took lots of pictures! You sound so like you are so much fun! Wish I knew you in real life!

Anonymous said...

I think Grandmas have extra privileges that let them get away with stuff. It's one of the benefits of making it through parenthood. Hope you had a great time celebrating birfdays this weekend! - G

Pat Tillett said...

From the mouths of babes!