Wednesday, March 24, 2010

bubbles, bubbles and more bubbles



I called Mom the other night to check on her. She sounded out of breath. I asked if she was alright. Oh sure, she says, just cleaning up bubbles. I'm thinking: HUH? but ask instead: Bubbles from where?


Oh, from the kitchen floor, she replies.
I couldn't help myself: HUH? The FLOOR?


Yep. The floor. She says.
I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and
LOADED the dishwasher dispensers, BOTH, mind you,
TO THE BRIM,
with DAWN.
I have used every towel I own cleaning it up.
Had to go to my neighbor's to figure out what to do
to get it to stop sudsing. Put vinegar in there.
I had suds all over the kitchen, under the table and all!
(Mind you the table is about 4 FEET from the dishwasher!
She has a pretty good size kitchen.)

I couldn't help it. I snickered. Giggled. Chuckled.
Laughed. LAUGHED REALLY BIG.
Snorted. Laughed so hard I couldn't make a sound, except
WHEEZIN'! Then snorted some more. and the cycle continued.

She almost got her feelin's hurt because I was laughin so hard.
So in a high voice, amid all this snorthin, wheezin, laughin,
I tried to explain.
I'VE DONE THAT TOO!
Maybe not to the extent she did but I had
suds all over my kitchen one time and I believe have my kids!


Can you imagine if I had Peyton or the Poops there?
What fun they would have had??

Well, I'm sure I would have kackled then too! Her? Maybe. . .
not so much.

Enjoy your day and find something to Kackle about today!
Hugs to all!


14 comments:

Vodka Logic said...

Oh my goodness..the poor woman. what a mess. I have never done it but I have that it is a big mistake..

I would have laughed too.

Kay said...

Hi KaLynn. Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for stopping by my photoblog and leaving a comment. I noticed your name right away as my first and middle names are "Kay Lynne".

I love this story about your mom and the bubbles.

Kay

Jeannie @ Pine Cottage Books said...

Oh no! Your poor Mom. The mess of it all!! Just had to come by and say hi to someone my age!! LOL I'm a new follower and LOVE your blog. Thanks for visiting mine.

AND purple is my favorite color too :) Nice to meet you!

KaLynn said...

@VodkaLogic-she will be 76 this year and has been doing crazy things lately which have her really worried so I had to releave the tension in her voice!! She was actually laughing about it yesterday with me!

@Kay-Loved your blog! Glad you came by! What a kool way to connect!! by our names!!

@Jeannie-I printed your book list! I have stacks of books all over but I am always on the look out for new ones! Atleast later she was laughing about it! At first I think she was about to cry!! Good to meet you too!!

Dutch donut girl said...

Aw, your poor mom, but I have to admit... it is funny. Bubbles everywhere. It sounds kind of fun :)

Chris@Knucklehead! said...

That looks fun, I'm gonna go try it right now!

SquirrelQueen said...

Well, those dishes should be really clean with all that Dawn cleaning power. I am laughing my head off but also making a mental note to move the Dawn to a different place in my kitchen, far away from the Cascade.

Your poor mom, that's a lot of bubbles.

KaLynn said...

@Dutch Donut Girl-it is really pretty cool to watch the bubbles erupt from the dishwasher, not so cool to try to get it all cleaned up.

@Chris-only fill one dispenser partially! Not both! Twice!

@SQ-I bet they did not have one spot of grease on them! Floor neither!! My Dawn stays on the counter by the faucet! Never realized subconsciously I did it for a REASON! I thought I was just LAZY!

Janie B said...

How terrible (and funny at the same time)! Poor Mom.

Love the new purple starry background! Looks very cool!

Menopausal New Mom said...

OMG!!! What a disaster!! One thing is for certain, she will have the cleanest floor around once she gets the bubble out of there.

Hope you have a great weekend

Me....bunny said...

...at least it was a clean mess...lol

have a great weekend!

tootles,
bunny

Pat said...

Yep, been there, done that! It's not that funny when it happens to you, though!

Teresa - in the Middle Side of Life said...

Oh my goodness! That is so funny. I can't say I've done it before but my ex-husband did. Man, did it make a mess! Not fun to clean up, either.

CatLadyLarew said...

Been there, done that! Since I don't own a dishwasher myself, I tend to make those mistakes when trying to use the new-fangled appliances at other people's homes.