Monday, June 6, 2011

Jack

Well, I figured out what Jack is good for.

Making my stomach turn flip flops.

He jumped on the bed last night with some stick in his mouth.

I was trying to watch the tube and couldn't hear it over the crunchin.

Finally looked at what he had.

It looked like a skull. A small one.

I thought ewwww, he had gotten into something from the clean up going on at the house next door.

And yes he had but it wasn't a cat or possum skull that was old.

It was the fresh head of a snake.

The clean up guys had killed a chicken snake I guess next door.

Either that or Jack did it himself.

Which wouldn't surprise me since we live 5 houses from a farm field. This year it was wheat, last year it was corn.

And between them cutting and the house next door being trashed. . . .

Anyway. . .

I was cleaning out the garage yesterday and found a BIG snake skin.

Just looking at it I wanted to get on a chair......

So when I took the head away from him, I thought I was going to lose my dinner.

Stuff was still there.

Black yuky stuff.

Glad I picked it up with a wad of napkins.

I still had to wash my hands 3 times.

Happy day.........At least it was dead, right?



8 comments:

quieten said...

You are a brave, brave woman! Dead or not I'd be on that chair, screaming my lungs out!!! You have to admit, though, your days are never dull!!!

DUTA said...

Living not far from a field certainly has its hazards. Take care!

Simply Suthern said...

Come on now. Its just a snake.

My 8 yr old daughter picked up a snake off the playground at school and put it in the woods.

Makes a dad proud.

Anonymous said...

Ew! This is the one thing I dislike about pets. I do not want any dead animal they have caught in my house!! Good for you for being so nonchalant about it.

Valerie said...

I'm told that pets only bring dead things as an offering to the people they love... in my case it was frogs or birds! I'd have died if I was presented with a snake, even part of one would turn my stomach.

BB said...

Oh God, a BIG snake skin! I'd never be able to sleep. It was bad enough when the cat dragged that black snake in and Bruce chased it back out. That made my stomach flip flop.

KaLynn ("MiMi") said...

quieten-brave? not so much. I just couldnt figure out what it was at first.

DUTA-you are so right! Last year we had possums that were bigger than any house cat in the neighborhood!

Smply-ok, I'll admit it. I don't like snake brains on my bed. Especilly oooey gooey ones.

Somnia-you would have laughed. I was drifting off to sleep and heard Jack chewing on something. Then realized it was not crunching right. It sounded like a chicken bone. Thought the guys next door had chunked a cat skull close to the fence. THEN picked it up and it didnt feel right. Dropped it like a hot potato! Then got my glasses, napkins and THEN realized what it was. I couldnt get to the trash fast enough.

Valerie-I so love their treasures. With cats its mice and dogs its snakes.........gotta love 'em. the animals not the treasures..

Barb-well we now have the screen door backup going into the garage with a latch. The light goes on every time I walk out there. At least the snake would have to climb steps so maybe he would rather just slither along the cool concrete instead....

Pat Tillett said...

Oh yeah! It can be quite alarming when nature comes calling...
It was nice of your pooch to share with you though!