Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cookin' with the Grands

Today was an afternoon of makin cookies with the grands. The twins and Kasey. 10 & 11 perspectively.

I have figured it out. They want to MAKE the cookies and CUT them out. Drop them on the pans. Lick the bowls. BUT they really do NOT want to ice them! Or EAT them. CLEAN up. (AND let me tell ya, we make a BIG mess!!)

When it was time for all that part, they disappeared out into the back yard.

The making is the fun. Cookin is the fun part. Nothin else. The twins don't even want to take any home! Kasey did, she took iced and the chocolate chips! YAY! Not so many to tempt me!!

Any one want some cookies? I think I still have a dozen or 4 here!

Good kacklin fun this afternoon! Well, that is until I ran into Gabe's cheek with a hot cookie sheet as he was comin my way. Poor kid! He has a red line on his cheek! I immediately put Vitamin E on it and it doesn't look as bad as it coulda.

But other than this horrible incident, all was good. I cried, he cried. I cried some more. He cried some more. Then we got better. Hugs and kisses make us all feel better when bad things happen, I guess.

Anyway, laugh your way through the rest of the day!


2 comments:

gayle said...

Can't wait until Bryson is old enough to bake with us.....but then again I wonder if he will even want to.

Glad you had fun!

KaLynn ("MiMi") said...

Oh Gayle! He will! I started the boys out when they were about 2 or 3. We made dog treats, rice krispie treats, they broke eggs (with shells)into mixes, helped hold the mixer, scraped the bowl that I held. We have had so much fun these past 7-8 years! They now come over and ask to cook! We ALWAYS have a HUGE mess! I will gladly clean it up for the joy of making stuff with them!