Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Leapin Lima

During one of our meaningful meals, Mic and I had lima beans. It was about my third forkful that I lost it. Or so Mic thought.

I had to cover my mouth with my hand because I almost spewed half chewed beans across the table. (At this point he is lookin at me like I've lost my ever lovin mind, which after I tell you what got me ta kacklin you'll agree with him too, I'm sure.)

I was bitin down on my fork when outta my mouth leaped the lima! Back to the plate.

Ok, no biggie, you say. It just fell out.

Well, not the way it looked from here!  From here, it LEAPED. Yup, that's whut I said. LEAPED!

It LEAPED fer it's life!!! LEAPIN LIMA'S!!
doodle by Micael (I can't doodle)

Screamin all the way to the plate. 

AAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Pllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz don't eat me!!! PLEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ!!!"

So when I can catch my breath long enough to tell Mic about my mind's eye.

He gives me a look of: Oh great. . . here we go again. . .eyes rollin. . .the whole nine yards. . .

Which starts me off again. Snortin, kacklin, chokin, breathin, snortin, etc. . .

Til finally, I breathed and dint choke or snort. . .which was about 15 minutes later. .

Of course Mic is makin snide comments that keep me goin, but for the life of a lima, I cain't remember ANY!!

I'm thinkin I ain't eatin lima's any more. .

I could choke to death next time. . . either from laughin or from the lima retaliation. . .

Do NOT kackle while eatin, it's dangerous. . .

BUT any OTHER time is fine, in fact, is the BEST time to kackle!!



2 comments:

Simply Suthern said...

Even as an ole country boy I aint wild about Limas. Sounds Like they aint wild about you either, LOL

Toni said...

If I was a lima bean, I would be a leapin' one! Ain't nobody gonna bite me in half! Sure am glad you didn't choke. I will have to ask Rabbit to entertain me with some of the comments that kept you snorting. I'm sure he was nonstop with them :)