Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Yesterday becomes Today

Yesterday I was told my life is aging me.

Yesterday I was told I looked worn.

Yesterday I locked myself in my office and cried for a solid 5 hours.

Yeterday I had my feelings on the cuffs of my shirt.

Yesterday I went to wally world.

Yesterday I got new make up.

Yesterday I got a new hair color.

Yesterday I got bangs again.

Yesterday I went to sleep.

Yesterday is over.

Today is a new day.

Today I am just as old and worn as yesterday.

Today I remember using the rock and chisel to form words on a tablet.

Today I remember using the abacus to count.

Today I remember walking 10 miles to and from school uphill in the snow both ways.

Today I remember riding a bike with one speed.

Today I remember black and white console televisions.

Today I remember wearing skates with keys.

Today I remember putting playing cards on my bike to make it rumble.

Today I remember getting one of the first color televisions.

Today I am kacklin over being old and worn.

Today is a new day and it is glorious!

Today, why don't you kackle over yesterdays?

Hugs!

6 comments:

Crayotic Ramblings said...

I really dig this, Mom. We can let yesterday beat us down or we can view those wear marks as milestones. I have wrinkles today that I almost didn't have the chance to get a few yesterdays ago. Aged means we're living.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out and proclaiming, 'WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!'"

Crayotic Ramblings said...

And skates with keys were hella fun - especially when the front screwed up and you were going at warp speed with no way to stop!!!

What a ride, indeed!!!

KaLynn ("MiMi") said...

Amen son! Love you!

Matty said...

I can't remember this morning, let alone yesterday.

But if I try real hard, I remember using a payphone with an actual dime. I remember getting up to change the TV channel. And I remember writing and getting real letters in the real mail.

Pat Tillett said...

Can't do nothing about yesterday! Might as well enjoy today and tomorrow...

Marie Nicole said...

When I turned 18 I made 2 major decisions:
1- I boxed up all my worn out stuffed animals for the Goodwill;
2- It was time to quit high school and just go straight to college.

On my way out to school I tripped over my box of stuffed animals realizing I'd never really get old. Ever. ツ